Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SRP Prizes

Please see email from Heidi Daniel below regarding SRP 2009 prizes:

Hello All—

At this point in time we are very very low on Circus tickets. I need to make three important announcements:

1.) Do NOT tell your customers to drive to other libraries looking for them. At this point do not give tickets to anyone who did not register at your library and who has received all 20 level prizes in Summer Reader. Due to the fact that we had some groups or individuals scalping tickets last year, it has become too risky for us to allow people to drive around town asking other locations for Circus tickets. Someone could easily go to multiple locations saying they did not receive Circus tickets and then walk away with a bunch.

2.) If you have 100 tickets or more at your location that are not designated to fulfill a large group, I do expect that you will share your incentives by sending them to other locations and tracking this on your tracking sheet. You must track this on the tracking sheet we sent you at the beginning of SRP with your incentives—we are expecting that back, as I am sure you know from reading the original directions. I don’t want to have even 100 Circus tickets come back to me—If we are telling folks we are out, then I want us to be out—legitimately of course!

3.) Please remember that Astros tickets are for K-12th grade only. The Astros will not honor them for younger children, and it is a waste of a prize to give it to a younger child. It is also poor customer service, because that person will just be turned away by the Astros. If they insist, give it to them, but inform them of the conditions that apply.

Please do keep contacting me as you need assistance—I am happy to help where I can, and we DO have extra James Coney and Aquarium, so keep asking me for more when you need them. E-mail may be quicker than phone sometimes, as I am in and out of my office.

Also, I want to acknowledge that y’all have worked crazy hard this summer. I really do appreciate that, and we have had really good numbers as a result. So Thank You.

Heidi

Heidi M. Daniel
Coordinator of Teen Services
Houston Public Library System
500 McKinney St
Houston, TX 77002


Posted by Charlie Murray, Acting Branch Manager LOO

No comments: